Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Word to your respective mothers!! (We miss Josh)



(Nathan "Me Want Honeycombs" Nielson and Josh "the J-Dub" Weatherston.)



I wrote Josh Weatherston an email. I know, writing emails to missionaries is probably not allowed, and it almost definitely distracts them a lot, but this is Josh Weatherston. I'm talking about the original Jweatherston, the cynical anti-sweet-bro who intellectually defeated Nalhan with a mere eye-roll, the very man who once mistakenly drank from my milk jug and left it sitting on his bookshelf for hours. This is not your average missionary or even your banal schmo, this is the Pastry Turk. I have no idea why it took me eight months to write him.

And he wrote me back. Reading his email was the greatest moment of my day, excepting when I found a twenty dollar bill on Sunday, the residual effects of which continue to be the high point of each day of this week. For those of you who like keeping tabs on emeritus trizzle245 members, this is what's new in the life of Skjosh:

He's a missionary in Boise, ID. If you didn't know that, you apparently missed when he opened his mission call and literally laughed out loud.

His older brother Matt is serving a mission in Pocatello. There is a 1/7 chance that Matt will be annexed to the Boise mission because of the Twin Falls temple's affect on boundaries. The Boise mission is also picking up a small penal colony known as Rupert, ID.

Sadly, his most recent companion was sent home for depression. Josh has been a real trooper about everything, kind of like the time he was really understanding about my ill-fated effort to identify his bedroom as the center of the universe.

He lives with a family of seven three miles from the Boise Temple.

He is still awesome.

No comments: